When skin starts to appear dull, rough and worn out it can often have a matte appearance which is no longer supple. This is referred to as lipid-dry skin. Small, white fatty deposits may also be seen around the eye area.
Lipid-Dry Skin can be a sign of:
• Essential Fatty Acid Deficiency (EFAD)
• Abusive skin treatments (over-cleansing, over-exfoliating)
• Inappropriate ingredients in skin care products (emulsifiers, preservatives, fragrances,
mineral oils, etc.)
• Self-induced through diet (caffeine, alcohol, junk food), medications, or lack of water intake
• Environmental conditions (indoor heating, air-conditioning, climate)
• Medical conditions (eczema, psoriasis, etc.)
How does one counter these effects?
• Restore the bi-layers (preventing evaporation).
• Restore sebum production.
• Replace natural moisturizers in the skin instead of washing them out.
• Avoid emulsifiers, preservatives, etc.
Benefits of dermaviduals® use:
• Hydrates and plumps the skin
• Reduces flakiness and itching
• Soothes and calms
• Protects the skin
• Special patented formulations for problem skin, with zero emulsifiers, preservatives, fragrances, mineral oils, etc.
Products for Daily Skincare:
• Cleansing Milk with DMS
• Face Tonic or Face Lotion M
• Custom-Blended Base Cream
• Eye Gel
Products for Weekly Skincare:
• DMS Mask with Vitamins
• DMS Peeling Cream
Active Agents to Consider for this Condition:
• Jojoba Oil
• Macadamia Nut Oil
• Rose Hip Seed Oil
• Evening Primrose Oil
• Vitamin E
• Enzyme Peel
• Terra Sana Facial
• Alga Base Facial
• Base Modelage Facial